Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day two en France

Day two. Ah much better! I got some really good, sleep like a rock, rest! This made my first day in Rennes, and what a fabulous day it was! So here is my list of exciting things that I encountered today:
1) Woke up at the embarrasingly late time of 12:45, and took a shower in the weird showers that you have to press a button in order to keep the stream going.
2) Took the metro down town to check out restaurants and found this really cute one that we were automatically beamed down as American's because none of us could understand our waiter for the first three minutes and he had to explain the menu.
3) Ate my first "dejeuner" in Rennes! When they say French food is good and good for you, I think they underestimate it. It was beyond delicious. I had a white fish with an olive oil sauce, and potatoes, and this interesting mesh of artichoke, spinach and cream sauce. I know it sounds tasty!
4) Had my first cup of cafe au lait!!! They brew the coffee and then they put the cream through a dispensor so it's frothy and hot and you pour it in yourself. I had ONE little baggie of "sucre" in my cafe au lait and for those of you who do not know how I drink coffee, I have coffee with my sugar and cream. But here, it is heavenly and fantastic and does not need sugar, even if it's strong.
5) Bought the most ADORABLE pair of French heels that match my French-looking coat. They hurt, but they are tres chic!
6) Since eeeeeeveryone here wears black from head to toe on a daily basis I bought some black tights (well two :)) and hope to blend in a tad bit more!
7) I heard a French accordian while we were walking on the street!!!!!!! How incredibly steriotypical but it made me so giddy!!
8) We encountered French cheese. All I can say Julie is that brie here is beyond beyond beeeyoonnd amazing!
9) French wine..... mmmmmmm...

So there are some good encounters and the reason why I am already feeling practically home! I miss you all, and a bientot pour la jour prochaine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment